Our Adult Confidence Booster Course is designed specifically for adults (16+) who can ride a bike but lack confidence to ride on the roads.
The course (3 x 1 hour sessions) will give adults the skills and confidence required to cycle on roads.
The course will teach riders how to:
- Start and stop with more confidence
- Pass stationary vehicles parked on a road
- Understand the road: signals, signs and road markings
- Negotiate the road: including quiet junctions, crossroads and roundabouts
- Share the road with other vehicles
Plus more advanced skills including:
- Use the best riding position for any situation
- Ride alongside other cyclists
- Ride on more complex roads. This might include busier roads, more complicated junctions or faster roads with speed limits above 30mph.
- Negotiate more complex roads. For example, junctions controlled by traffic lights, multi-lane roads or cycle lanes
Sessions will be held in a combination of traffic free areas and on local roads.
Riders will need to bring their own bike and helmet to each session. Please check that your bike is in good working order before the first session.
The course is FREE of charge thanks to funding from the Cycling UK Big Bike Revival project.
How to book
To book a place on one of our Adult Confidence Booster courses see the below list of upcoming courses. Click on the “Book Now” link next to the course that you would like to book a place on and complete the information requested.
|Dates||Times (each day)||Venue (click for map)||How to book|
|Thursdays 14th, 21st, 28th September||6.15-7.15pm||Eaton Park, South Park Avenue, Norwich, NR4 7AU||BOOK NOW|
|**SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE DETAILS OF FUTURE COURSES**|