Learning to balance is the key fundamental skills you need to start cycling, at any age! For many years parents have chosen stabilisers to help teach their child to cycle, but this completely removes the need for balance, so completely removes the most important skill your child needs. Therefore we always recommend a balance bike as your child’s first set of wheels. Low enough to stand over with confidence, but high enough to sit on and scoot along. As your child builds up speed, each stride gets further apart and in between strides, your child will quickly get to grips with staying upright! Once your child has mastered this, they can then start to get their head around using the rear brake to slow them down, again a very important skill when cycling! We’ve built our Squish balance bike to be as light as possible (3.86kg) to not only help your child handle it, but also for when you inevitably have to carry it back home, or to the car when your child has had enough learning for one day!
- To check that this is the correct size bike for your child check out our sizing guide.
- Local delivery (inc set up) within 10 miles of Norwich = FREE
- Collection (inc set up) from a Little Riders venue = FREE
- UK postage = £8 per balance bike
- All orders will be shipped within 3 working days after receipt of payment.
- All orders sent using the “UK Postage” option will be shipped using Hermes
- Tracked service which has a 1-3 days expected delivery time.
- Returns accepted within 30 days of order receipt must be posted back unridden and in the condition you received them. Return posting costs are covered by the item returner.
|Size||12" wheels, 11cm frame|
|Frame||Lightweight 6061 Alloy Frame|
|Fork||Narrow profile steel|
|Headset||1” Threadless Ahead, Max rotation 130 °|
|Handlebar||Alloy Flat Bar / 6 degree backsweep / 390mm Wide|
|Stem||Alloy Ahead Stem / 30mm Extension|
|Grips||Velo 'Mushroom' Grips|
|Brake Levers||Tektro Junior Specific Levers with Reach Adjust Alloy|
|Brakes||Alhonga, Alloy Rear V-brake|
|Front Hub||16H Nutted Alloy|
|Rear Hub||16H Nutted Alloy|
|Tyres||12 X 1.75" Semi Slick Tyres|
|Seatpost||25.4mm x 200mm, Alloy|
|Saddle||Squish Junior Saddle with parent carry handle|