We can provide a variety of cycling courses for children of all ages. These include:
- Balance Bike course (2.5-4 yrs old) – 4 x 45min sessions
- Learn to Ride course (4 yrs old +) – 4 x 1hr sessions
- Improvers course (5 yrs old +) – 4 x 1hr sessions
Our instructors will visit your school and deliver the course, with lessons taking place on consecutive days or on a weekly basis. Our courses can be delivered to groups of up to 10 pupils at a time.
Each session comprises of progressive activities and fun games to help pupils develop the skills and confidence needed to ride a bike.
The course(s) can be delivered during the school day or as an extracurricular activity.
Our instructors have considerable experience of working in schools. They are all first aid trained, fully insured and are registered on the DBS update service.
All pupils will be presented with a Little Riders certificate at the end of the course.
The course costs £450 (per group of 10 pupils).
Schools are eligible to use their PE and Sport Premium grant to fund the course as it contributes towards the following key indicators.
- Key Indicator 1 – The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- Key Indicator 4 – Broader experience of a range of sports and physical activities offered to all pupils
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
We recommend that children learn to ride on their own bike but we can provide bikes and helmets for children who don’t have their own. All pupils will be required to wear a helmet during each lesson.
We can also offer a Dr Bike event prior to the course to ensure that children’s bikes are in good working order and safe to use.
Courses can be held outdoors on a school playground or similar tarmac area (e.g. car park).
Our courses contribute towards a number of areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and Key Stage 1 and 2 national curriculum.
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Communication and language
- Understanding the world
- Key Stage 1 and 2
- Physical Education (PE)
- Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE)
Schools will be provided with individual rider assessment at the end of each course.